Test quickly and reliably your SCSI, IDE and SATA drives using Drive Fitness Test (DFT). The DFT analyze function performs read tests without overwriting data.
You can analyze drive fitness selecting one of the three modes of operation: high confidence level quick test, full media scan, exerciser. DFT can perform real-time analysis of your drive to quickly determine if problem exists, identify system problems such as cable or temperatures, automatically log significant drive parameters to track potential impacts to the drive operations (diskette version only).
It can restore Drive Fitness by using Erase-boot-sector utility (Use option: Erase Boot Sector) or Low-level format utility (Use option: Erase Disk). Both of them overwrite data in order to repair bad sectors. Also there are utilities included which allow you get drive information and do S.M.A.R.T. operations for supported hard disk drives.
DFT hardware compatibility
- Ultrastar 10K300, Ultrastar 15K73 and DK32XX users, do not use DFT — Use the OGT Diagnostic Tool.
- Does not support Microdrive Digital Media products.
- Supports all Travelstar HDDs, except 8E, 10E and C4K series.
- Does not support Endurastar products.
- Does not support external USB or Firewire attached drives.
- Compatible only with x86-based processors.
- Does not support the PC which loads Intel ICH9M chipset. HitachiGST are working to fix this situation.
In order to run the DFT, you must download the appropriate creator or image and create a self-booting media. You may create the media under Windows (using the Windows OS version) or Linux (using the binary image), but you must start your system with the DOS-bootable diskette to run DFT.